Sunday, July 11, 2010

Updated to wordpress 3.0

I have been wanting to update my blogging software from its original archaic version that I installed over a year ago. Yesterday I finally decided that I cannot wait any longer because the old version of the wordpress software was not letting me link images from external hosting services like picasa. So I bit the bullet and did the whole updating process. I did the manual update because my ancient version did not even support the automatic update.

So I took a backup of the database, a manual backup of the entire blog directory using ftp, and just followed the instructions. True to the word, it updated the web-app and the MySQL database in a matter of seconds. I really like this new interface, but I am still looking for desktop publishing applications that can simplify the blog post process easier for me because I hate to have to muck with the HTML code myself. So, I am going to experiment with a couple of publishing applications for a while.

2 comments:

Siddhesh Ayre said...

Have you tried Windows Live Writer?

Krishnamurthy said...

live writer was the first one i tried, but it has some very very strange formatting issues with my blog. it shows the post in a very different format than what appears on the blog....don't know how to fix it.